The Horseshoe Tournament was added to the Kolacky Day schedule in 1985 after the Montgomery Lions constructed the horseshoe pits in Memorial Park. Improvements have been made to those pits over the years. The tournament has been held every year since and has been directed by Richard David for its entirety. Richard David is credited with starting the Montgomery Horseshoe Club in 1985 and was just inducted into the Minnesota Horseshoe Hall of Fame during the summer of 2014 for being a promoter. This is a singles tournament played on Saturday of Kolacky Days.
The Horseshoe Tournament is a sanctioned tournament (Sanction Number: 23-16-015). The following are list of requirements or useful information when registering:
- You need to be a registered pitcher with the National Horseshoe Pitching Association (NHPA) to compete in the tournament.
- To register, please contact Richard David at (507) 364-7673 and mail payment to 13232 Lake Ave., Montgomery, MN 56069.
- Information needed to register is your average and NHPA Number.
- Entry fee is $25 per person.
- Limited to 48 people
- Rules are basis off of the NPHA guidelines for a sanctioned tournament.
- They are mixed classes, some may be handicapped.
- Deadline to register is July 16th.
Prizes are for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Places. It is a cash payout with the amount based on participation.
For More Information
For more information, please contact Richard David at (507) 364-7673. Additional Information is available at www.minnesotahorseshoes.com.
Memorial Park - 500 5th St. SE