One could say the Kiddie Parade had its start at the 4th Annual Kolacky Day celebration in 1932. In 1932, 50 little girls strolled along Main Streeet in the Doll Buggy Parade. Seven (7) of these little girls were selected as winners. They included Jacqlein Florie, Patricia McKeon, Mary Ellen & Tatty Keohen, Joan Lebens, Mary Stewart, and Ardell Franke. Following a couple more mentions in the Montgomery Messenger, the Doll Buggy Parade was never mentioned again. In 1959, the Montgomery Messenger stated that the Small Fry will have their day Saturday via a Kiddies Day parade. The local school band provided music for the tiny highsteppers who competed for prizes in four (4) divisions - Doll Buggies, Bikes and Trikes, Wagons, and Pets. Throughout the years, categories have changed, but the smiles on the kid's faces have not.
Come to Memorial Park on Saturday and enter your child in Kiddie Parade or come and watch! Treats and prizes for everyone who enters, with special prizes for category winners.
Please read the following rules carefully:
- The Kiddie Parade is open to all children that are a dozen (12) and under in age.
- Children must be in control of their entry.
- Ponies under 46″ tall are allowed, but horses are NOT. (Clean up required).
- Motorized vehicles NOT allowed (NO gas vehicles, ONLY battery or pedal power).
- Groups consist of 6 or more children.
- Judging begins promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Applicants must be in and remain in assigned spots until judging is complete.
- Late entries will be accepted, but will not be judged after 10:00 a.m.
The categories you may choose from are:
- Wheels - Bike, Trikes, Wagons and Battery
- Fairy Tale / Super Heroes
- Story Book Character
- Czech Dress or Montgomery Based Idea
Registration will be in Memorial Park from 9:45 – 10:00 am. Please either return the completed form located under Registration Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, bring with you the day of or register in person. Forms will be available.
For More Information
For more information, please contact the Montgomery Area Community Club at (507) 953-0094 or email us at email@example.com.
Admission / Button Required: No
Memorial Park - 500 5th St. SE