In 1991, the Montgomery Area Community Club added a biking event to the weekend. At the first-annual event, over 130 bikers participated. Come and join us for a ride in the heart of Minnesota Czech Country in scenic Le Sueur County. The Tour de Bun consists of three overlapping loops: the 13-mile Statkový Okruh (Homestead Loop), the 33-mile Osadnický Okruh (Pioneer Loop), and the 50-mile Okruh Zelených Akrů (Green Acres Loop). Each route will have refreshment stops at various points which includes The Next Chapter Vineyard, Le Sueur County Pioneer Power Showgrounds, and the Cordova Township Hall and will provide scenic rural countryside on paved, lightly traveled roads. After the tour, riders will have plenty of time to participate in all the Kolacky Days weekend festivities.
The three (3) routes have been added to the Map My Ride app. Click the appropriate route to view:
If you are thinking about participating in this event, remember the following:
- Registration begins at 7:00 a.m. at Memorial Park Stadium underneath the grandstand.
- Parking is available near the starting line. Enter off of Oak Ave. SE and turn south onto 2nd Street SE near the railroad tracks and proceed onto Park Lane. Parking is available on both sides of Park Lane between the railroad tracks and the outfield of Memorial Park Field. Parking is also available along the 3rd base line and near the grandstand.
- The ride will begin at 8 a.m. All participants should complete the ride and return to Memorial Park Stadium by 1 p.m.
- A vehicle will patrol the routes in case assistance or repairs are needed.
- Riders under 18 years of age MUST have a parent sign the release of liability on the registration form.
- After the tour, riders will have plenty of time to participate in all the Kolacky Days weekend festivities.
- Helmets are required.
ONLY Pre-Registered Riders are Guaranteed a T-Shirt!
Memorial Park Stadium - 500 5th Street SE
Parking is available near the beginning of the route. Enter off of Oak Ave. SE by turning at 2nd St. SE by the railroad tracks and proceed onto Park Lane. Parking is available along the south side of the Memorial Park Stadium.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Mick McGuire at (612) 919-3331.